Ford, Don – Chairman
Sawyer, John – Secretary
General Statement of Functions of the Hill County Appraisal District Board of Directors
The board of directors has the following primary responsibilities:
- establish the appraisal district’s appraisal office;
- adopt the appraisal district’s annual operating budget;
- contract for necessary services;
- hire a chief appraiser;
- hire a taxpayer liaison officer ( in counties having a population of over 125,000);
- appoint appraisal review board members and other committees provided by law;
- provide advice and consent to the chief appraiser concerning the appointment of an agricultural appraisal advisory board and determine the number of members to that advisory board;
- approve contracts with appraisal firms selected by the chief appraiser to perform appraisal services for the district;
- make general policies on the appraisal district’s operation; and
- biennially develop a written plan for the periodic reappraisal of all property within the district’s boundaries.
Click HERE for the full functions and policies of the Board of Directors.